Tuesday, December 23, 2008

When was the last time u did something for the first time

Heading for this post is a very popular AIESEC question. For me, the answer was last weekend when i went Ice skating with my friends. Though i had seen in TV i had no idea of how to do it.

Since it was a sunday we had to wait in a long queue to get inside. Then we got the skating boots and went to the skating field (I dnt knw how its called :D).
My legs were shaking at the begining coz there were many crazy ppl doing all those tricks they know inside the skating field eventhough it was a public place.

I started skating (well rather it was walking on ice) with my shaking legs. The only principle i knew was i had to put my weight in my legs. But it wasnt that easy to concentrate on principles when i went inside the field.
The skating field was a battle field with all those crazy gangster type of ppl trying to show off with their talents.
As a reasult fo these scary tricks, one person got injured and was bleeding all over the face. This only helped my legs to shake a bit more faster :D
But anyway, i continued to skate (to walk on ice again) despite all those things. It did not take me a long time to realize that im not improving at all.
So i decided to move to the kids feild to practice. After about 15 mins in the kids field, i started skating. It was really fun to do skating with small kids of about 5-6 years old and their parents were all around the field:D. I also felt like a small kid and and brough back memories from the pre school :D

Even thoguh i was not good at it, i enjoyed it. Ice skating followed by a short walk in Champs-Elysees brought yet another exciting weekend to an end.

1 comment:

Elias Bachaalany said...

Cool! :)
I almost broke my leg and arm the first time I tried Ice skating in Lebanon!